Once we find that position that perfectly matches your skills there are many guidelines to remember:
- Remember to take timesheet with you to each assignment. We will provide you with timesheets when we first meet, but if you need additional please contact our office.
- Be on time! In fact try to be 15 minutes early on the first day of a new assignment.
- Be friendly. Introduce yourself to your co-workers. When you meet new people., a warm, professional attitude is the way to fit in.
- Dress appropriately for each assignment. When discussing your new assignment with your Bernard Personnel Recruiter you will be informed of what to expect, but when in doubt always dress more conservatively the first day.
- Don't be afraid to ask questions on the job. If you are unsure of something, check with your client supervisor to make sure you are following directions. Your Bernard Personnel Recruiter can also help you with work related questions.
- Be flexible. Do your best to adapt to the environment and procedures of each workplace.
- Keep our client's work confidential. Don't discuss the specific details of your work with anyone but the client supervisor.
- If given confidential information such as credit card numbers or authorization codes, etc., obtain permission for the use of such confidential information before each use.
- Shake hands when introducing yourself at a new assignment.
- We promote a drug/alcohol free environment. All usage of alcohol or controlled substances while on the job is grounds for immediate termination.
- Get a good night's sleep. Instances of sleeping on the job will be grounds for release from your assignment.
- If you need help ask. For instance, if you are asked to lift over 20 pounds, we will gladly provide you with a back support at your request.